New chat on Expats.cz

Categories

Travelling in the Czech Republic? Don't miss our Travel discussion forums.

Problem with a car rent (RENT plus)

Me and my girlfriend came to visit Prague. We rent car at car company RENTPlus at 20th April at 20:00 at airport. We rent it via broker cartrawler. We took a car at airport. Look carefully around and didn't take extended insurance. We ride directly to city and park car at safety parking spot with camera's. At Thursday (21) morning we took pictures of car. At Friday we notice a dent at roof. We look at pictures got Thursday and dent was there. Car was always observable by us or camera's. So we know that we know that it was there and we just did not notice. We came at Saturday to return car. They didn't look any side of the car except that one, because it is hard to notice, we think that they new about it dent. and they said that we will take 10000 czk from your deposit. Any ideas what to do?

Evgenij Kazakov

Click to show all old posts

I had similar kind of experience. They did not notice any other scratches that were there (not marked but I had photos of them at check in). They found some scratch that I could barely see! If I had used maybe an hour examining the car when I picked it up, I could have found it. Later on they sent a picture of different scratch that was the reason for charging my credit card. They seem to have delicate ways to make frauds!

17.46.57 13.09.2017

you should have used budget rent a car....

11.57.24 16.10.2016

Hi, I had exactly the same experience with another car rental. They charged me for CZK 5,000 due to a little scratch. I am not sure if I did it, but I was sure that the price was much higher than the cost of reparation. Because the participation of car insurance was CZK 5,000, they simply used the maximum. I very dislike this kind of "bussiness". And I am not foreigner, so this is probably a common practice. Next time if I need a car, I would probably use something like sharujeme.cz where ordinary people put their offers (not a rental company).

15.02.11 03.10.2016

Problem with a car rent (RENT plus)

Me and my girlfriend came to visit Prague. We rent car at car company RENTPlus at 20th April at 20:00 at airport. We rent it via broker cartrawler. We took a car at airport. Look carefully around and didn't take extended insurance. We ride directly to city and park car at safety parking spot with camera's. At Thursday (21) morning we took pictures of car. At Friday we notice a dent at roof. We look at pictures got Thursday and dent was there. Car was always observable by us or camera's. So we know that we know that it was there and we just did not notice. We came at Saturday to return car. They didn't look any side of the car except that one, because it is hard to notice, we think that they new about it dent. and they said that we will take 10000 czk from your deposit. Any ideas what to do?

05.36.31 02.05.2016