New chat on Expats.cz

Categories

Moving to Prague or the Czech Republic? Get all your Relocation questions answered in our Q&A forums.

Delay in the employee card

Hello, I would like to know if more people is affect for the delay in the approval of the Employee card? I filled my application in Sep,5 and until now I didnt hear back from the Ministry... I am waiting more than 80 days for that... I read some news (https://www.fragomen.com/knowledge-center/immigration-alerts/employee-card-application-processing-delayed) that they are delaying the process due the high workload and now it should take 90 days instead 60 for common cases. Any advice , If there is something that I can do to get it quickly ..Thx

Alessandra Costa

Click to show all old posts

@wwwexpatscz-2fd4c1273f36e3c8e85739b6d7419c65:disqus @@movetopraguecom:disqus
Same here. I've applied for an employee card from Vienna in Czech Embassy as well . On 10th of August. It's my 74th day.
I have visa till the 25th of November. So on 10th of november I'll be on my 90th day and I have two weeks more to get my employee card. Is it even real ?

I'm in Prague right now. What should we do...?

15.12.28 24.10.2017

@movetopraguecom:disqus Hello, I need to contact you. I'm in Prague and I need someone to go with me to the Ministry of Interior.

14.55.09 24.10.2017

Hi everyone,

Are there any news related with a new delay issue?
I talked with Turkish Embassy today and they said nowadays the process lasts 90-120 days.

I am on 66th day and still waiting .Anyone with the same issue?

10.39.19 29.09.2017

We charge 750 CZK for one visit. We can go there as soon as we receive the fee and get some more info about you/Power of Attorney.

21.56.22 04.09.2017

How much for this service? And how fast can you do it in my behave?

16.10.47 04.09.2017

The easiest way is to give someone a Power of Attorney to go and ask on your behalf. It can be some of your friends (co-workers) or us. It would be a paid service though.

07.40.37 28.08.2017

I´m not in Czech Republic. I already asked the embassy, but they aren´t helping much. Is there another way to contact the Ministry? To find out why is taking this long? Thanks

07.35.11 28.08.2017

Hi Aretha, have you already been to the Ministry in person? It is much faster way of finding out what is going on since the Ministry has 30 days to reply to your letter.

16.59.55 27.08.2017

I´m still waiting.Last week I sent a letter to the Ministry asking about the status of my visa =/

09.56.38 25.08.2017

Im waiting since the 6/6, now is 77 days since the day I submit my application at MOI. Anyone has any news, please share. Thank you so much!

20.53.58 22.08.2017

Hi Alessandra,

unfortunatelly, it is as you say. There are tens of thousands of students coming to Prague (and applying for visas) in August/September + plenty of American English teachers so everything takes much longer than usually.

Another thing is that both the 60 or 90 days start counting NOT from the moment when you give the documents to the Embassy but from the time when the documents are delivered to Prague to the Ministry of the Interior. Embassies only collect the documents but they do not make the decision.

The only thing you can do if it is already taking too long is to send an official letter to the Ministry asking about the status of your application. They anyway have 30 days to send you a reply.

Please let us know if you need any legal help!

Jan on behalf of Move To Prague - Your first friend in Prague!

17.48.00 11.08.2017

Hey guys could please inform us when you got your visa please? so we know how long it takes to get a response from the Embassy. Everybody has concerns regarding the processing time so it will be could to share dates and experiences. thanks. PS: i´ve been waiting for 85 days and it´s not word from them :(

16.46.23 11.08.2017

Hey guys could please inform us when you got your visa please? so we know how long it takes to get a response from the Embassy. Everybody has concerns regarding the processing time so it will be could to share dates and experiences. thanks. PS: i´ve been waiting for 85 days and it´s not word from them :(

13.35.14 11.08.2017

Hi
Can you please update finally when did you hear from Embassy on decision for your Employee card? How long it took?

17.20.54 12.03.2017

Well, it depend on where you are from but if you are, say, from the US, you can stay in Schengen for 90 days with no visa required. The fact that you applied for the visa does not allow you to overstay the 90 days. And if you are already overstaying, I would definitelly not travel outside Schengen because you will never be allowed to come back :)

01.39.30 16.12.2016

Hi Alessandra, well, Czech authorities do not really care about official times :( We have had clients who waited for the employee card for more than four months.. The only thing you can do, is (when the official period of 90 days is gone) to write an official letter asking the Ministry to explain why the process is so much delayed. It usually helps :)

01.37.26 16.12.2016

Hi,
I am also still waiting for my VISA to be approved. I applied on the 13th of September in Vienna. I also need mine quickly, because I am unsure if I can travel to visit family in UK for holidays if I don't have it.

12.08.24 05.12.2016

Delay in the employee card

Hello,

I would like to know if more people is affect for the delay in the approval of the Employee card? I filled my application in Sep,5 and until now I didnt hear back from the Ministry... I am waiting more than 80 days for that... I read some news (https://www.fragomen.com/knowledge-center/immigration-alerts/employee-card-application-processing-delayed) that they are delaying the process due the high workload and now it should take 90 days instead 60 for common cases. Any advice , If there is something that I can do to get it quickly ..Thx

15.16.39 28.11.2016