Best place for getting a tattoo done????

Hi guys, I need a help if anyone of you is familiar with the tattoo stuff. I wonder where in Prague is the best place for getting a tattoo done. I´ve been thinking of UZI in Legerova and I´ll probably go there but I´m looking for some other opinions about another tattoo salloons around Prague. And foreigners are said that sometimes they know Prague better then we Pragers do ;) so if anyone can help I´ll be glad smile.gif

14:43:00 07.09.2003 pieretka

Hi Pieretka- If you come across any good ones, let me know too, coz i wanna get a tatoo done too. I should be in prague around the first week of Oct. Still wondering how many day i really should spend in Prague.

15:47:00 07.09.2003 Ricky

A friend of mine got hers done in UZI, by a guy whos called "namornik" - "sailor" and he did a great job, delicate stuff on !hands! and neck, with two subsequent small touch ups for free. The tattoo place on Jilska is also said to be quite good in terms of design and prices. But I really believe that the after-care, that is how you take care of it right after its been done, makes a big difference. Good luck!

13:51:00 08.09.2003 jueves

I like Tribo. I don't really know the others but I like the job they did and they are very clean and professional. Bri

02:10:21 24.10.2006 ButaneBri

Bloody Blue Tattoo is good. I had some work done there, they have two shops one in Zizkov on Konevova and one in the centre, cant remember the name of the street though. I paid 2000kc for about 2 hours work

07:35:15 24.10.2006 Jumbo Cummings

Someone was looking for a tatooist or somin but i cant find the thread well check out www.hell.cz Welcome to HELL.cz, salon targeted on PERSONALITY TUNING, tattoo, piercing, scarification and other modifications. Extravagant hairdesign, rasta, dfreadlocks also.

14:18:49 24.10.2006 The Ostrich Watch

There is a place on Dlouha opposite Roxy too. I saw fredster going in there last Friday to get Literotika's avatar tatooed on his chest.

14:24:15 24.10.2006 wiz

I will be going in on Nov 15th, For 4 hours work to my current design!, I cant wait!!!!

14:28:37 24.10.2006 The Ostrich Watch

Quote: The Ostrich WatchI will be going in on Nov 15th, For 4 hours work to my current design!, I cant wait!!!!

shut it you and get some money collected :eek:

14:37:34 24.10.2006 Jumbo Cummings

Quote: wizThere is a place on Dlouha opposite Roxy too. I saw fredster going in there last Friday to get Literotika's avatar tatooed on his chest.

At least he won't have to shave it ...

14:40:48 24.10.2006 Jon 'Half-Pint' Smith

Oi you!, I damm well am! :p And that was to JC

14:41:53 24.10.2006 The Ostrich Watch

Quote: wizThere is a place on Dlouha opposite Roxy too. I saw fredster going in there last Friday to get Literotika's avatar tatooed on his chest.

Oi leave it out ! but bloody funny

14:44:58 24.10.2006 fredster

My pet peeve is people posting things when they should blatenly have used the ''Fully Fuctioning'' scroll bar to the right, and posted some tosh in another thread, Think on

17:48:46 24.10.2006 The Ostrich Watch

my pet is steve not peeve he is a gerbil

18:07:25 24.10.2006 Jumbo Cummings

they do good work in hong kong.

18:12:29 24.10.2006 halo_bender

So where are the Piercing studios placed in Prague? Is there any directory?

03:26:30 13.12.2006 Engelen

On yer arse.

04:38:26 13.12.2006 MusicMan

Oohh... A very intelligent answer...

09:59:50 13.12.2006 Engelen

Self mutalation...an interesting, if not psychologically concerning issue. There is only 1 tattoo I think would be kind of cool... Right above a woman's kitty saying... "Eat at the Y"

10:26:53 13.12.2006 Buzz62

One Love Tattoo www.prague-tattoo.cz

04:49:05 13.05.2008 t-boy

Quote: t-boyOne Love Tattoo www.prague-tattoo.cz

Tarlito is the man!! ;)

12:04:40 13.05.2008 markie_ni

Petr at tribo is the best in Prague. However, doesn't speak much english and is from slovakia.

12:11:49 13.05.2008 pop-pop

Go to Hell in Prague 7. Ask for Mindy. She speaks perfect English.

14:27:23 13.05.2008 Jova

Tatoos are for sailors like Popeye. I think they look awful and you'll live to regret it - like a late night kebab. Why not spend the money on some jewellery.

07:58:35 14.05.2008 Ermintrude

Quote: ErmintrudeTatoos are for sailors like Popeye. I think they look awful and you'll live to regret it - like a late night kebab. Why not spend the money on some jewellery.

I think it looks grim on pretty young girls who have one arm tatted all the way down from the shoulder to wrist. Looks cool now but when she is 40 and a mum she will look like a skank ho.

08:02:42 14.05.2008 maxd

Exactly. What kind of women do you see with a tattoo? Old bits of baggage in seedy pubs. Also when you get older your skin will sag and make the decoration look even worse.

08:25:26 14.05.2008 Ermintrude

Ermintrude you are a borderline troll and I wonder how many real friends you have ;)

13:50:09 05.12.2008 gerrard.saunte

Ermintrude was a full-fledged troll! Where has she gone? "She" was funny, though.

13:52:36 05.12.2008 Aquarius

Quote: maxdI think it looks grim on pretty young girls who have one arm tatted all the way down from the shoulder to wrist. Looks cool now but when she is 40 and a mum she will look like a skank ho.

I sort of like the skank ho look.

13:53:55 05.12.2008 Aquarius

If she was a put-on, brilliantly performed. If she was for real, performed brilliantly.

Quote: AquariusErmintrude was a full-fledged troll! Where has she gone? "She" was funny, though.

14:11:25 05.12.2008 nomadness

So I guess I'm a skank ho - can anyone tell me where to find a good shop that also has tapers (the earrings for gauged ears...) ones that aren't all spiky and super angular - not the bars or the spears, but more feminine or rounder ones or glass plugs without skulls and such in the design?

13:20:40 06.12.2008 Jeno

Hey Jeno, don't worry, i am obviously the skankest ho of all, since i not only have tattoos, but do them as well. Go to Hell (:)) for tapers - they have heaps, and if they dont have what you're looking for they'll order it. They're just a few blocks from Crossclub, at Poupetova 7. Website: www.hell.cz. Go to the studio in person to buy jewellery, and to get a piercing, call Mikina for an appointment: 775 353 693. They're without question the safest/best place in this city to have anything to do with piercing done. I cant speak about tattoos there, because i work for their sister shop Fallen Angel, so it would be pompous:) ... also, i dont want to use this post to advertise myself. As far as good places to get tattoos (besides Fallen Angel or Hell, obviously), One Love is great all around, Tsunami (in the centre) is very good and Bara there does perfect tribal, Bloody Blue do absolutely brilliant old school work... tattooists at Tribo, especially Suuva (at the location in the centre) and Bobek (Peter - who works at the Smichov location) are excellent, but it's not a very good studio. Voky from Vokytattoo is good and quite creative... it depends more on the tattooist than the shop itself, but be sure to ask wherever you go about new needles, sterile tips and grips, whether they cover their machines and about hygienic practice in general. Everyone i've mentioned here should be well up to par in terms of hygiene. Also, ask the tattooist what they do best- every decent tattooist can handle the small stuff, but if you want something more creative, a tattoist who does perfect realistic work may not be able to do such impressive old school, etc... As for price, the standard in Prague is around 1,000-2,000kc an hour, though that is changing a bit, and most tattooists will rather charge by the piece, which is better for both of you. In most studios the minimum price for the smallest tattoo is 1,000 - 1,500kc (because setting up a clean workspace takes time, and materials are expensive (especially if the tattooist is using good hygiene practice), plus the time of the tattooer) ...towards the comments about regretting tattoos - (this gets long and a little high-horse because i am a tattooist and i care a bit too much about this sort of thing, so unless you have nothing better to do, dont bother reading on, just go get yourself some gorgeous ink... or a cup of tea.) - well, the human body does change as you age, of course, but i fail to see what that has to do with the relevance of a tattoo. There are far more reasons for getting one than simply ornament, and even when ornamentation is the goal, in the eyes of the person getting the tattoo, the work itself (as long as it is done well) will be a beautiful thing on an aged body. Perhaps in 1950, in some parts of the western world it was only old slags in the backs of taverns who had tattoos, but it seems impossible that the people writing in this thread honestly havent noticed how much that preconception has lost relevance. The possibilities of tattoo have evolved to the point that masterful works of art are possible in the skin now. To continue to think of tattoos in terms of little stamp-like pictures of Snoopy, or grim reapers or mom hearts and roses is just absurdly ignorant. More importantly, as long as no one cares that you dont have a tattoo, why would you care if someone else does have one? it's like judging someone based on their career path, or on a decision whether or not to buy a house in the suburbs - ultimately, it is none of your business.

21:10:48 07.12.2008 mindy

Where and who do you recommend for piercings?

11:45:58 08.12.2008 moanfunky

It might seem a daft question, but do tattooists draw their own design or do they just work from a set book of them? I was thinking that if I lose another 9 kilos (I'm officially not obese any more, just fat), I'd reward myself with a nice St. George and Dragon tat. It's a cheaper reaction to middle age than a sports car or a mistress.

12:14:50 08.12.2008 Brampton

Not speaking as a tattoo artist, but - both... and then some. You can get a standard thing out of a book or off a wall, you can bring in a copy of what you want if you have something specific and then have it refined or whatever as needed for a tattoo, or you can find a tattoo artist whose work you like and pay them to draw out what it is you want.

Quote: BramptonIt might seem a daft question, but do tattooists draw their own design or do they just work from a set book of them? I was thinking that if I lose another 9 kilos (I'm officially not obese any more, just fat), I'd reward myself with a nice St. George and Dragon tat. It's a cheaper reaction to middle age than a sports car or a mistress.

13:34:39 08.12.2008 Jeno