Chat

Expat Life

Vaclavske Namesti Deconstruction?

Footbiscuit
Member: #3772
Reply with quote Send this user a private message View this users profile
@BGI I agree that a lack of a real plan does indeed allow for 'dark' influences, but from what we've seen of the current Svoboda run council, these influences have been radically curtailed. As for the traffic itself, it has been shown by many cities in the west that the easier you make it for people to use cars, the more people will use cars. Therefore, I am all for any measure that makes things difficult for people to drive in the centre of the city.

Please don't think I'm a radical greenie, or anti-auto Luddite as I do have a love for cars and for driving. I held an international racing license at 18 and competed in national and international rallies in the Pacific Northwest. I've just come around to the opinion that the automobile has a place, and that place is not in a city; you will never, ever satisfy it's needs.
Report abusive posts or users
11-04-12, 04:48 PM

Kreatokefalo
Member: #42047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footbiscuit
@BGI I agree that a lack of a real plan does indeed allow for 'dark' influences, but from what we've seen of the current Svoboda run council, these influences have been radically curtailed. As for the traffic itself, it has been shown by many cities in the west that the easier you make it for people to use cars, the more people will use cars. Therefore, I am all for any measure that makes things difficult for people to drive in the centre of the city.

Please don't think I'm a radical greenie, or anti-auto Luddite as I do have a love for cars and for driving. I held an international racing license at 18 and competed in national and international rallies in the Pacific Northwest. I've just come around to the opinion that the automobile has a place, and that place is not in a city; you will never, ever satisfy it's needs.
Wadda hack! the next thing you'll be telling us is some of your best friends have driver's licenses!
--
"Knowledge is good." Emil Farber
11-04-12, 05:01 PM

Footbiscuit
Member: #3772
Ah, the call of the Meathead... all noise and no content. Reminds one of a rutting moose.
11-04-12, 05:25 PM

The views expressed here are those of the authors and not those of Expats.cz. By posting, you agree to our COC and Terms of service
Unhelpful or offensive posts may be deleted without warning, along with user account. Report abuse here.