Chat

Law

Pending changes that affect non-EU foreigners

moroni
Member: #93994
Reply with quote Send this user a private message View this users profile
We are saying the same
After 5 years of residence you can get the Long-Term Residence in the EU, which is different of the Country Permanent Residence.
The country is free to ask the requirements they want to grant the Permanent Residence, but they must give you the Long-Term Residence after 5 years, it's not the same permit and you must ask for the LT!
The key in the quote wasn't "can" or "will", but "if you request it".
Report abusive posts or users
18-02-12, 10:17 AM

meluzina
Member: #1930
Queen of Carp
Quote:
Originally Posted by moroni
We are saying the same
After 5 years of residence you can get the Long-Term Residence in the EU, which is different of the Country Permanent Residence.
The country is free to ask the requirements they want to grant the Permanent Residence, but they must give you the Long-Term Residence after 5 years, it's not the same permit and you must ask for the LT!
The key in the quote wasn't "can" or "will", but "if you request it".

sorry, i was looking at your post, where you capitalised "may" in relation to something else - but that eu directive does say the countries are required to - not sure how much leeway it gives w/ regard to defining the conditions though - i don't think there is as much as herr okamura thinks there may be ...

hmmm just ran across this related case (concerning the netherlands and their imposition of high fees for third-country residents) - http://www.migrationnewssheet.eu/ne...sidence-permits

if that is indeed in case law now, then herr okamura's one million crown fee is also just a pipedream
--
Blbec nikdy nepochopí, že je blbcem skutečně – pravdu o tom, že je blbcem, blbci říkáš zbytečně
18-02-12, 10:41 AM

lenovo77
Member: #81459
Sure, 70% of Non Eu country citizens will leave CZ in next 3 years
09-03-12, 09:00 PM

BenTennison16
Member: #95230
no frigging wayyyy????? there is NO way in hell (in the EU) the czech state would get away with such racist manifesto/ laws! I dont think czech people are racist (most arent Id hope) so they would never support this. also the EU is watching!!! and WILL protect human rights if and when they are being abused!

Its CRIMINALS that need to be locked up/ deported etc. immigrants are just people like everybody else, WAKE UP , its the 21st century, migration in western countries is completely natural these days! jeez... and i cant believe okamura would be the one behind it (i thought he was the good guy (dont know who the other nazi - i mean, person is.
14-03-12, 08:07 PM

JKG
Member: #74884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTennison16
I dont think czech people are racist (most arent Id hope)

I am not sure if you are trying to make a joke, or are just naive?
--
Don't worry be happy.
14-03-12, 09:48 PM

jezovec
Member: #6771
Of course that Czechs are not xenofobs nor racists you stinking foreigner!
14-03-12, 09:56 PM

BenTennison16
Member: #95230
depends on a) their level of education b) age c) ethnic background

source: my experience
14-03-12, 10:31 PM

The views expressed here are those of the authors and not those of Expats.cz. By posting, you agree to our COC and Terms of service
Unhelpful or offensive posts may be deleted without warning, along with user account. Report abuse here.