Member: #77348
Reply with quote Send this user a private message View this users profile
goose/turkey on the 25th is pretty common
Report abusive posts or users
21-10-11, 04:10 PM

JIZEK
Member: #12394
indeed, I asked one of my colleagues and he said too that on the 25th he and his family will go to his grandmas and have lunch, said probably duck, but could be goose, maybe its just me and my bad experiences, I guess the people I spent xmas´s with were all young and only interested in going out and getting lashed :-)
21-10-11, 05:55 PM

Helena7890
Member: #58224
I think it really depends... Im Czech but we dont have goose or duck, but my family is just me and parents, I think we wouldnt even be able to finish the whole bird. But my colleagues say they do have this... However, I think the bird is not so important, I think the major thing is, that most of Czechs are atheists, so they dont seem to perceive the traditions so strongly, therefore they eat sometimes řízek, sometimes carp... I personally like to spend Xmas somewhere else - I keep traveling every winter away from here down to south... Last time I have spent it in Bombay, people were lighting up thin candles around some church, it was 30 degrees in the night, very nice Plus I love fish but hate carp... This time it will be probably Thailand, looking forward for some Xmas tom yum khai )) (I know they are buddhists of course...)
25-10-11, 10:50 AM

The views expressed here are those of the authors and not those of Expats.cz. By posting, you agree to our COC and Terms of service
Unhelpful or offensive posts may be deleted without warning, along with user account. Report abuse here.